Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vimy voyeur? Now we know .....

A few weeks ago I did a piece in which I talked about some of the weird queries that resulted in hits to my blog. One of those queries was “Vimy voyeur”, about which I made the following comment: “Having just been to Vimy, I can’t imagine two more unrelated words, so whatever those information seekers were expecting to find is beyond my imagination to contemplate. But we’ll never know.”

Well now we do know.


According to the
CBC, Vimy (and other war memorials) have become a favourite haunt of some sexual perverts (and I use the term not in reference to their sexual choices, but rather the totally inappropriate locations in which they choose to exercise them) who not only expose themselves (and more) but also photograph the results for later internet sharing.

To their credit, the French authorities take such desecrations quite seriously indeed, with one “middle-aged” (you think they’d know better) couple who were caught in the act, so to speak, facing a fine of up to $22,000 and a 1-year jail sentence. I hope they get the max.

And, as one would expect, last night’s coverage on The National has generated yet another flurry of queries and hits to my site as the sexual adolescents out there search for the pictures. Sick.

No comments: